Rating

This is the place to post bug reports for the DHTML Chess plugin for WordPress
Navid007

Rating

Post by Navid007 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 am

Hi Alf,

I notcied rating is reset itself to 1400 for the same user after few days.

Thanks
Navid

alf
Site Admin

Re: Rating

Post by alf » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Is this tactics for logged on users or the other one? You have two tactic modes in DHTML Chess for WordPress(tpl=1 and tpl=2).

In tactics for logged on users, the ELO is saved on the server(in a database). The other tactic mode is using something call local storage(similar to cookies) on the visitors browser to store the ELO. If the user clears his browser cache, all these data will be gone. The elo in this mode is for the user only. If he change browser or clears the browser cache, the elo data will also be gone.

Only the tactic for logged on users is persistent. It is saved with a relation the the user id of the logged on user. These data should not be reset to 1400 after a few days.

Navid007

Post by Navid007 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi Alf

Thanks for clarification

Is there a way to chang “login to play” to something else like “login to test” or whatever...

Is there a way to change the page that is redirected by pressing login button? I don’t want to transfer to wordpress login.

Last question is about rating, I want to show users rating in a table as leader board, please let me know if it is possible with current plugin or if not how can I access the database of particular user.

Thanks

alf
Site Admin

Post by alf » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:17 pm

Navid,

Support for leaderboards has been added today in version 1.0.102.

See: https://wordpresschess.com/puzzle-highscore-lists/ for details

---
Alf

Navid007

Post by Navid007 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:44 am

Hi Alf,

thanks for adding this functionality but it doesn't work for me. First I tought the issue is about pagebuilder so I canceled page builder and directly used the shortcode, [chess puzzle_highscore="1" size="2"] it only loads name & elo there is no table or rating.
I have at least 3 users ragisterd and they have rating.

Any trouble shooting ?